This delightfully hilarious podcast pokes fun at the ridiculous lengths some will go to just to be perceived as successful.
Remember hearing about social media influencers making a small fortune? Spoiler alert: Things changed. In today’s pressurized market, you’ll be lucky to get a mundane gift like Kate Casey’s friend she describes…and this guest’s other stories will shock you even more!
Influencer marketing has rapidly evolved but not necessarily in a bad way. In this episode, Kate shares her thoughts on the paradigm shifts happening now in both marketing tactics and value systems.
Also, her and host Britney Crosson talk about the popular HBO documentary “Fake Famous” that follows 3 people’s attempt to become famous influencers by purchasing fake followers and bots to “engage” with their social media accounts.
Listen to this episode on your fave podcast platform HERE.
Stay up to date by subscribing to Britney’s emails HERE.
Try Canva Pro free for 30 days & support the show HERE.
Kate Casey is the host of Reality Life with Kate Casey, one the highest rated podcasts on iTunes and devoted to unscripted television. Twice a week she interviews talent, directors, and producers of television’s most popular reality shows, docuseries, and documentaries. Her show has been regularly featured in Newsweek, Time, People, US Magazine, Buzzfeed, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Daily Mail, and more.
Her previous guests have included:
- Framing Britney Spears Director Samantha Stark
- Directors of American Murder (Netflix), A Wilderness of Error (Hulu), and Frank Parlato from The Vow (HBO)
- Leah McSweeney from Real Housewives of New York (Bravo)
- Christine Quinn from Selling Sunset (Netflix)
- Chris Herren from ESPN’s 30 for 30 Documentary Unguarded
- Marcus Lemonis from The Profit (CNBC)
- Phil Keoghan, Host of Amazing Race (CBS)
- Farnaz Farjam, Showrunner and Executive Producer of Keeping Up With the Kardashians (E!)
- Creator of Love is Blind (Netflix), Cast members Lauren Speed and Mark Cuevas
- Alex Baskin and Doug Ross, Executive Producers of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Orange County and Vanderpump Rules (Bravo)
- Trish Kinane and Megan Wolflick, Executive Producers of American Idol (Fox)
- Barrie Bernstein and Lisa Shannon, Executive Producers of Real Housewives of New York (Bravo)
- Shangela from RuPaul’s Drag Race (VH1) and A Star is Born
- Directors of Leaving Neverland (HBO), Abducted in Plain Sight (Netflix), Wild Wild Country (Netflix)
- Anthony Scaramucci from Big Brother (CBS)
- Paul Haynes from I’ll Be Gone in the Dark (HBO)
- Bob Harper from Biggest Loser (Fox)
- Kody Brown from Sister Wives (TLC)
- CeCe Moore from Dateline, ABC News, and 20/20
- Mark Cronin, Executive Producer of Below Deck (Bravo)
- Marty Callner, Creator of Hard Knocks (HBO)